Friday, January 16, 2015

Understanding the programming.

------------------       So from what I understand the Launchpad is designed to be used with a recording
[                     ]   program called Ableton. There are different versions of Ableton, but today we'll be
[                     ]   taking a look at the live 9 family. Ableton live 9 comes in three different editions,
[                     ]  intro, standard, and suite. They all share common features, however standard comes 
------------------  with more features, instrument packs, and effects than the intro version; and suite
           []                  come with all the features, instrument packs and effects that Ableton has to offer.
     -----------      
My interest is on suite as it comes with more sounds and instrument packs, so I'll be focusing primarily on that rather than on intro or standard. But before we continue I feel it important to say, I am new to Ableton and DAWs (Digital Adio Workstation) in general. So please forgive me if any of my information is incorrect. With that being said let's take a look at some of the features Ableton live 9 has to offer.

You can use two computer monitors at the same time to make it easier to control your music. The double monitors gives you the ability to see the session and arrangement at the same time. You can also record automation into your songs; This basically means you can program the volume of a track to turn up or down while your song plays, this way you can get rid of unwanted sounds such as a cough or breath in a vocal track. Ableton also comes with easy export options, meaning you can convert your completed work into files that can be played without the Ableton software.

This is just the beginning of what you can do with Ableton; To find out more about click here or here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((({[<>]})))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))}
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3 comments:

  1. I can see this blog becoming very useful and helpful, I enjoyed reading this post. I listen to a lot of instrumental music and am stoked to read about how its created. I listen to a lot of music on soundcloud, hopefully I can learn all the interesting stuff so then I could test it out! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see this blog becoming very useful and helpful, I enjoyed reading this post. I listen to a lot of instrumental music and am stoked to read about how its created. I listen to a lot of music on soundcloud, hopefully I can learn all the interesting stuff so then I could test it out! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog, I personally am not a big fan of making electronic music. If i were wanting to learn more about this I would definitely refer to this. I like how you explained things about this topic that would be useful to people starting this,any how keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete